Cancer Care Leadership Training
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Philadelphia
1331 E. Wyoming Ave.
Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Friday, February 15, 2019
The goal of this training is to enable you to train and lead lay ministers to provide individualized spiritual, emotional and practical support to cancer patients and their families, not to start a support group in your church for cancer patients.
Day 1: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (Eastern)
Day 2: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm (Eastern)
This training workshop is specifically for pastors and church delegates (who have been appointed by their pastor to attend). The executive or senior pastor of each church will be contacted to verify their endorsement of church delegates. Please enter your information below to register.
Our Journey of Hope is a program for church-based cancer-care ministry and must be anchored in a local congregation and endorsed by senior church leadership. Maximum of TWO members per church may attend the same training session, but EACH PERSON must complete registration SEPERATELY FOR ADMITTANCE. Participants in the Our Journey of Hope Cancer-Care Leadership Training must be able to affirm the following criteria:
- I represent a church that has been in existence for at least two years
- I am approved or appointed by my senior pastor to participate on behalf of my church (We will not receive your registration information until your pastor approves your attendance)
- I am willing to personally take the leadership role to start a cancer care ministry in my church
- I am willing to recruit and train others to serve in cancer-care ministry
- I am not an actively treating cancer patient
- I am not the primary caregiver for an actively treating cancer patient